So I'm confused. I've been reading a lot of articles all across the internet, and I was wondering what the actual future of Whiskey Media was?
Whiskey Media is no more.
- GiantBomb and ComicVine got sold to CBS Interactive, and are now working in the same building as Gamespot. Dave went with them.
- Tested, Screened, and AnimeVice got sold to the LA-based company BermanBraun, and most of the engineering team, as well as the Distillery publishing platform, went with them.
- Tested has gotten to team up with Jamie Hyneman and Adam Savage, the Mythbusters, and their site promises to be better than ever.
- Screened will likely be fine, and it will be interesting to watch, but Rorie is no longer with the site, and Alex left to work full-time for GiantBomb. BermanBraun is a wealthy company, and the site looks to maintain its tone, if not the particular personalities we've come to love. We'll get to meet the new faces of the site soon enough, and the community's still here. Sadie's first post is a pretty good indicator that the site'll be in decent hands. Give it the benefit of the doubt. Given BermanBraun's budget, and the fact that they're based out of LA, there could be some really cool content coming.
- AnimeVice has been community-run for years, and the fact that it's still up is likely a good indicator that BermanBraun will leave it alone and let them keep doing their thing over there.
- Sean Coonce, engineering mastermind, Renaissance Man, and part-time tracksuit model has decided to take some much-needed travel time and will be looking for work elsewhere, with a promise to make appearances at GiantBomb from time to time.
- Dan Miesner, the marketing guy, has also left. He's said nothing about what he's doing next, but will be looking for work after a month-long vacation to Paris and London, so I think he'll be all right.