At my dorm this coming semester, I want to start a regular weekly event of screening a movie. I am doing it because my dorm always has many who don't have anything to do on weekends when they feel like "I should be partying..." During the past 3 years I've lived there, the most effective way of getting people out and gathering together for something has always been watching movies, but the officer's board that helps plan programs can't use just watching a movie as a hall program. So I'm planning to try organizing one myself.
Since my own will and desire to carry through with this lives or dies by the success I have and how many people actually want to come, I need to carefully pick movies that won't drive people away or lose their interest. So I'm asking for help from you guys.
Give me suggestions for movies that people will want to come and see. I'm trying to find things that are
- old enough that people will want to see them again (like Office Space)
- An old or new classic that isn't overly shown or talked about so much that people won't want to see it again
- A movie that is just plain fun to watch not matter what
- A cult classic that won't drive too many people away who aren't already fans
- Anything you know about that you think is awesome and that people should see
Give me movies that won't be rejected by a very cynical but common sense using smart person like all of us here at the Whiskey Media sites.