Hello Screened community I have a question?
But to begin with here is some back ground information. For the past five years I have been volunteering at my Churches Recreational Center, ever Thursday from noon till three. Other than an occasional call or member wanting to use the Gym, it is three hour of being completely alone! So to pass the time I started watching movies on my Lap Top. After a while it change old TV show. This is where You come in.
Since I have been bringing in show to watch at Church, for so long it has kind of become a tradition there. When I talk to my fellow Baptists at the Center the first question they ask is "So, what are you watching today?" and the best part is answering. Because what ever the show is it always (or in most cases) brings up positive memories from the older members.
So over time my friends and family have been buying me, in and every, TV series on DVD that they can find. After time the number of DVD's I own build up, So now I have so many to choose from. What I'd like is for you to choose what to watch first.
The current list is now...
- The Black Arrow (complete series, 3 disks, 8hr 20min)
- Voyagers! (complete series, 4 disks, 16hr. 12min)
- Charlie's Angels (season 2, 6 disk, 18hr 47min)
- The Incredible Hulk (season 1, 4 disks, 11hr, 32min)
- House M.D. (season 1, 6 disks, 16hr, 12min)
- That '70s Show (seasons 1, 3 disk, 9hr, 8min)
- That '70s Show (season 2, 3 disks, 9hr, 33min)
- Wonder Woman (season 1, 6 disk, 12hr 5 min)
- The Six Million Dollar Man (season 1, 6 disk, 14hr, 42min)
- Police Squad! (complete series, 1 disk, 150min)
Now I know what your thinking, "why can't he choose for himself?" and I could, but I though it would be more fun this way.
Here the pros and cons of each
A different telling of a Robin Hood type
- Pro - All I know about this show is it's a Robin Hood type show. And I LOVE Robin Hood.
- Con - Since I have little knowledge about he show i tend to lean toward other big named show
A time traveling hero teams up with a book smart kid to give time a helping hand when needed
- Pro - It was a great show from my childhood and each episode is a different story type, Kind of like Quantum Leap
- Cons - I really can't think of any
Three beautiful ladies are Private Detective who go under cover to solve cases
- Pro - Hot babes and gun fire
- Con- I just finished season 1 and no Farrah Fawcett
The Inc. Hulk
After an overdose of Gama Radiation David Banner turns into a Green Monster when angry, He now lives on the run
- Pro - It's the freaking Hulk, how can you go wrong with Hulk, plus all Church member (young and old) would recognize the name.
- Con - Although I love the show as a kid, from what I remember each episode is slow paced and similar, However that has never stopped me from enjoying them before (so ignore that fact)
Dr House is a brilliant diagnostics Doctor with no people skills
- Pro - a ground breaking show guaranteed to entertain me.
- Con - Since it's not that old I would most likely remember the episodes, so it's nothing new
That 70;s Show (both seasons)
The life of 6 kids growing up in the 70's
- Pro - Guaranteed laughs, and I enjoy those
- Con - The show is full of sex an drug jokes that would not go over well at a church, However I have watched worse there (alone) and If I keep my hand ready at the pause button i could get away with it.
A super powered Amazon fights for freedom and the American way
- Pro - Lynda Carter , and a great super hero made show
- Con - It is season one which means it's nothing but Wonder Woman fighting Nazis, so nothing original
The Six Million Dollar Man
After Steve Austin receives bionic implants he is faster and strong, With his new powers he works as an agent for the government
- Pro - Just an awesome show that I can't remember much plot wise, so every episode will be new to me.
- Con - Can't think of any,
Leslie Nielsen at his best in a cop spoof show full of laughs
- Pro - Again great laughs all through it and since i's short I could get it watched fast.
- Con - Again It's at a church and some jokes don't transfer well
Well there you have it, those are the shows. What ever deiced I will obied by them.
You have from now until Jan, 3rd 2013 to decide. Good Luck and choose wisely.
And know after i watch the first choice I will most likely be back to choose what to watch second.