Like most people I was looking forward to this movie when it was announced that is until the cast was announced. I have fond memories of the now classic cartoon from the early 80's and I was hoping this would and wouldn't be similar to it. I'm a big G.I. Joe fan, even after years since I've watched a lot of G.I. Joe I can still name nearly everyone of them, you just show me a picture and I can probably name them.
- The casting of Ray Park as fan-favorite Snake Eyes, the costume was great with exception to the mask because it had lips on it and I just don't understand why he would make a mask with lips on it if he swore a life of silence. Ray Park proved he could be Snake eyes without speaking which is tough on actor but he did fantastically.
- I don't really remember the character of Hawk all that well but somehow I always knew who he was because of his green beret and I gotta say I'm liking Dennis Quaid as him.
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt was amazing as Cobra Commander, I now see why he has become a big star.
- The actor who played Storm Shadow, I don't know his name but whoever he was awesome even if the costume sucked.
- I wouldn't have anyone else but Rachel Nichols play Scarlett, I mean she was perfect for the role.
- The actor who played Heavy Duty I thought was really good, I wish he had a bigger role though because I like Heavy Duty.
- The origin of Destro.
- Christopher Eccleston as Destro
- The plot was awful, I just watched the movie and I still have no idea what it's about. It's a classic example of style over substance. It was boring at times and the visuals and action didn't help move the pace along.
- I would not have cast Channing Tatum as Duke because he's too young, he looks nothing like Duke, and he can't act. There were scenes where he would have facial hair and in the next one he wouldn't, It was ridiculous because you could tell what scenes were filmed when and it really messes up the movie.
- One of my favorite characters, Zartan had practically no role in this movie. He gets less than ten minutes of screen time I think, though I'm not sure.
- Cover Girl has no role basically and I don't even call her by her code name.
- The "Yo Joe" at the end of the movie was pointless and it was yelled by Heavy Duty.
- Marlon Wayans, nuff said.
- Ripcord is treated like comic relief.
- The lab where Barroness' husband works has the name DeCobray in it which is the last of Cobra Commander.
- Duke and Baroness have a romantic relationship.
- Ripcord's incessant flirting with Scarlett. I hate it when they mess with character's relationships, like Snake Eyes is supposed to have a relationship with her not Ripcord.
- Jonathan Pryce as the President, to me he'll always be the bond villain Elliot Carver from Tomorrow Never Dies.
Rent it or Buy It? Rent it, it's not worth the money to buy it or get it on Netflix. I really wanted to like this movie but sadly It just wasn't good enough and it has almost nothing in common with G.I. Joe.