- Final Destination 5 or 5nal Destination (not sure which we've settled on yet) will be graced by the following actors: David Koechner, Nicholas D'Agosto, P.J. Byrne and Ellen Wroe. The premise is that they're all on a company outing when the crazy death scenes happen. Koechner, who I personally can't stand but I know others like, should add some comic relief to the mix as the aloof executive. I do like that this one seems to be moving away from a teenage-centric cast, though.
- Shark Night 3D is not a movie I'd heard of before today. From the sounds of it, it's another Piranha 3D deal, but without the quality cast that campy horror film had. A group of friends, played by Sinqua Walls, Chris Carmack, Alyssa Diaz and Joel David Moore, go to hang out at a lake house in Louisiana, but it turns out the lake is stocked WITH SHARKS! Directed by Snakes on a Plane director David R. Ellis.
- Nick Cassavetes' Yellow got some decent actors attached to it today. My second favorite prison guard actor (after Clancy Brown of course), David Morse, will join Luke Wilson, Hank Azaria, and Riley Keough in this story about a troubled young lady with drug problems. The Notebook director and his wife, Heather Wahlquist, wrote the story together.
- A mystery thriller called The Grief Tourist has plucked a couple top notch TV actors and added Breaking Bad's Emmy-winning Bryan Cranston and Southland's Michael Cudlitz to its roster. According to ComingSoon.net:
Cudlitz, who I loved as Bull Randleman in Band of Brothers, will produce, with Suri Krishnamma directing and Frank John Hughes writing.
"In the film, a disturbed and troubled soul, Jim Tahana, retraces the footsteps of serial killers who fascinate him as his hobby. His dark obsession with past killers soon becomes his reality and leads viewers on a menacing and horrific journey inside his twisted mind."
- And now that Screened has TV data, I'd feel remiss without including the news about the latest Dancing with the Stars cast! Presented without commentary, for fear of retching, they are as follows: Michael Bolton, Brandy, Margaret Cho, Rick Fox, Jennifer Grey, David Hasselhoff, Florence Henderson, Kyle Massey, Bristol Palin, Audrina Patridge, Mike "The Situation" Sorrentino, and Kurt Warner.
Dancing. Stars. It's a thing.