There's a bevy of data that we're going to pull in from Netflix, so let's take a look at the data porn that's coming your way when you sync up your account:
- Average amount paid per DVD received and Instant Stream watched. Haven't returned that copy of Taken since you got it three months ago? Your average cost per disc is gonna go up!
- An estimate of minutes of footage viewed.
- Ever wonder how many instant streams you actually complete? Get your percentage here! Don't worry if you skip the credits; there's a bit of wiggle room in what's counted as a "completion".
- A collection of your most-watched actors, directors, screenwriters, genres, and filmmaking decades!
- The ability to add movies to your queue directly from Screened!
- Pop up an Instant Watch window to start streaming movies and TV without having to go to Netflix! Try it with Iron Man (look in the upper left corner of the page). (Not every Instant Watch film is listed as such on Screened at the moment, but that data will improve over the next few days.)
- Compare your history with those of your Screened friends and check out other people's histories!
Kama Sutra movie every night since you broke up with your girlfriend, you may not want to sync up your data just yet. If you ever want to remove Screened's access to your data, you can also de-authorize Screened on the Netflix homepage to clear your data.
- Netflix film rankings will be ported to your Screened account. These rankings will not overwrite existing film rankings on Screened; it will just add rankings to movies you've rated on Netflix but not on Screened.
- The ability to see your entire history on one screen.
- More social features!
If you run into any errors, there's a thread to report them right here. We're pretty excited about these new features, so hop into your profile and sync up!
NOTE: Canadian data is currently wonky, as the Netflix API currently has a hard time with it. It should improve soon, however, so you Canucks should stay tuned...