Hello, Screened peeps! It's been a while since I did a blog thing, mainly because I haven't really been watching many movies! But now that it's Christmas time and all, I have more time to watch movies, or at least, I've been more in the mood to. Winter break is shortened for me this year because my school board is dumb (It went from two weeks to a week and a half.) but Christmas is still awesome, isn't it? I'm want an electronic drum set for Christmas, something I really wanted for a while now. What are you guys asking for?
Anyway, here's a little bit of what I've been watching, in bullets:
- Going way, way back to before Thanksgiving break, I watched Hot Rod. Hot Rod is okay. It's not hilarious but it does have it's moments, like the comically large fall from a mountain and "Cool Beans." But I thought the plot was beyond stupid, which was pretty expected, really.
- On Thanksgiving break weekend I went and saw the first part of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, and I thought that was pretty good. There are flaws, but I thought it was a fun ride to beginning to end. I'm a casual fan of Harry Potter, and I have seen all of the movies except for Half Blood Prince, but I didn't feel like watching that before I went to see Deathly Hallows so I just read an article on Wikipeda. Speaking of being a Harry Potter fan, my dad went with me, and he has never seen a Harry Potter movie, so I wonder what the movie was like to him. My guess: probably a bunch of bullshit.
- The other day, I had a snow day. So I was free, and I finally got around to watching Raiders Of The Lost Ark. I haven't seen any of the Indiana Jones movies (Yeah, shame on me, right?) so I'm going to be catching up on that. I thought Raiders Of The Lost Ark was pretty fun, and the ending was pretty kick ass, it was very much a "OH SHIT HAHAHA THOSE IDIOTS GOT WHAT THEY FUCKING DESERVED!" type deal.
- The same day I watched Raiders I re-watched Scott Pilgrim vs. The World. I think that movie is still pretty great, but I think it loses a bit of steam in the middle of it. Still very enjoyable though, I highly recommend it to anyone who's into video games or nerdy stuff in general, which if you're reading this post then you probably are!
- This is more TV related, but the Christmas special of Community was perfect. That is all.
That's all from me right now. Hopefully I'll get to see Tron Legacy
this weekend so look foreword to a blog on that soon!
I figure I'd add that, just because.