- The film will be in 3D. Last I heard they were not using 3D cameras to shoot this movie, meaning it'll be an upconversion. Michael Bay has been skeptical of that technology before, so presumably this is a studio decision.
- Shockwave, a Decepticon that can transform into a massive laser gun, is the villain. That's cool. Big guns are cool.
- Lots of acknowledgments that the last movie wasn't so hot, with the blame being lied at the foot of the writer's strike of 2007-2008.
- Less "dorky comedy", e.g. no more racial caricature Autobots. (I don't believe this one for a second.)
- The plot revolves around the space race of the 50's and 60's and how the Transformers might have been involved.
I'm all for Bay & co. making Transformers 3 an entertaining movie, but man - it'll be hard to go into it with an open mind after the crapfest that was Revenge of the Fallen. In other Transformers 3 news, there were a few set pictures which leaked out onto Flickr recently and were quickly taken down, but not before they were preserved on any number of websites, such as Screenrant.